This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Prior to taking up the role of Dean of Engineering, Dr. Lyons held a number of positions at Athlone IT including Industry Projects Manager and the centre manager for the APT Gateway – the National Polymer Processing Research Centre which is part of the Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateway Network. He also worked as a Senior Research Scientist and R&D Analytical Laboratory Manager with Bausch & Lomb.
Dr. Lyons is a Funded Investigator with CONFIRM.
• PhD in Material Science, Polymer Materials and Processing, Athlone Institute of Technology
• BEng Polymer Engineering
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
• Chartered Engineer and Fellow (CEng FIEI)
• Expertise in Polymer Materials and Processing
• SLA, SLS and FDM Additive Manufacturing Techniques
• Lean Manufacturing
• Knowledge Management (KM)