This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Professor Pesch is a Principal Investigator with CONFIRM.
• PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Thesis Title: Distributed Radio Resource Allocation in DQDB MAN Based Microcellular Mobile Networks
• Dipl. Ing. Elektrotechnik (MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering), RWTH Aachen University, German
• Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
• Member, Association for Computing Machinery
• Member, Engineers Ireland
Editorial Board memberships:
• Mobile and Pervasive Computing, Elsevier
• Wireless Networks, Springer-Nature
• International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Sage Publications
Member of Technical Programme Committee:
• IEEE ICC, IEEE WF-IoT, IEEE VTC, IEEE GlobeCom, IEEE SmartComp, IFIP Networking, Global IoT Summit
• Design and performance evaluation of networked systems
• Communication protocols and services
• Smart Manufacturing and smart and connected communities
• Collaborative project management: having successful coordinated and managed large Irish and EU funded, multi-partner projects between academia and industry.
• Dirk acts as an advisor to industry and public bodies
Dirk is very active in this area having worked with a large number of companies, both SMEs and large multi-nationals, on innovation projects.
• 15 invention disclosures filed over the last 6 years, two of which have formed the basis for technology licenses to Intel, Honeywell and 2 small companies, 1eEurope and Kidspotter.
• Two patents in the area of cordless communication mechanisms and indoor localisation. Dirk has also recently filed a patent application based on the outcome of research with an industry partner.
• Dirk has been involved in a start-up, ShowGuider that has spun out of the CIT Nimbus Research Centre focusing on localisation and cloud based data processing systems for applications in trade fairs.
• Currently Scientific advisor with Predictive Control Systems (PCS), a new start-up out of CIT, aimed at commercialising energy management and control systems for the water-processing sector.
• Architecture and design of wireless network systems
• Innovative, low power communication protocols
• Flexible services for the Internet of Things
• Cyber-Physical Systems with applications in Smart Manufacturing, Smart and connected communities, Smart buildings and transportation.
A. Monti, D. Pesch, K Ellis, P. Mancarella (ed.), “Energy Positive Neighbourhoods and Smart Energy Districts”, Academic Press, Sept. 2016, ISBN 978-0128099513
C. Dandelski, B.-L. Wenning, D. Viramontes Pérez, D. Pesch, J.-P. Linnartz, “Scalability of Dense Wireless Lighting Control Networks”, IEEE Communications Magazine, January 2015
J. Singh, D. Pesch, ”Smart error-control strategy for low-power communication in wireless networked control systems”, Telecommunication Systems, vol. 55, Issue 2, pp 253-269, February 2014
B. Carballido Villaverde, R. de Paz Alberola, A. J. Jara, S. Fedor, S. K. Das, D. Pesch, “Service Discovery Protocols for Constrained Machine-to-Machine Communications”, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 41-60, 2014
B. Carballido Villaverde, S. Rea, D. Pesch, “QOS-Aware Routing for Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks”, in Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks: Applications Protocols, Standards, and Products, V. Cagri Gungor; G. P. Hancke (eds.), CRC Press, January 2013
B. Carballido Villaverde, S. Rea, D. Pesch, “InRout - A QoS Aware Route Selection Algorithm for Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks”, Ad-hoc Networks, Elsevier, Volume 10, Issue 3, May 2012, Pages 458–478