This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Professor Walker is a Funded Investigator with CONFIRM
• PPhD in Chemical Engineering, Queens University Belfast
• BEng in Chemical Engineering, Queens University Belfast
Process modelling of industrial manufacturing
• Spin-Out Companies: Spin out company formed with QUBIS (2013), “AD FerTech” for manufacture of controlled release granular fertiliser. Company awarded €1.2M from UK Technology Strategy Board, SBRI - Greenius (Cabinet Office) Competition. Spin out company “iP2” (Innovative Powder Processing) 2017, UL.
• 4 Northern Ireland Invest POC projects: Bone Tissue Engineering (2008), AD treatment Processes (2009), Engineering applications of SH materials (2011), Heat/momentum transfer using SH surfaces (2013)
• Proven track record in collaboration with industry (See “Research Interests”)
Professor Walker has repeatedly demonstrated successful collaboration with international industry partners and has industrially funded projects that have delivered improvements in:
• Product quality (BP Chemicals, via continuous distillation)
• New processes (AstraZeneca, via microwave drying PAT)
• Energy/environmental efficiency (ExxonMobil and Bombardier Aerospace, via new adsorption processes)
• New product development & new products (P&G, via a new encapsulation system; SABIC, via controlled release product)
• Powder engineering (Roche and Pfizer, via powder flow prediction)
• Pharmaceutical engineering (Pfizer, Eli-Lilly, GSK, Genzyme, Allergan, Sun pharma, Ethicon, J&J, Janssen, Regeneron, Nestle, Stryker)
Shirazian, S., Darwish, S., Kuhs, M., Croker, D.M., Walker, G.M., Regime-separated approach for population balance modelling of continuous wet granulation of pharmaceutical formulations (2018) Powder Technology, 325, pp. 420-428. DOI: 10.1016/j.powtec.2017.11.047 Sajjia, M., Shirazian, S., Egan, D., Iqbal, J., Albadarin, A.B., Southern, M., Walker, G., Mechanistic modelling of industrial-scale roller compactor ‘Freund TF-MINI model’ (2017) Computers and Chemical Engineering, 104, pp. 141-150. DOI: 10.1016/j.compchemeng.2017.04.018 Shirazian, S., Kuhs, M., Darwish, S., Croker, D., Walker, G.M., Artificial neural network modelling of continuous wet granulation using a twin-screw extruder (2017) International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 521 (1-2), pp. 102-109. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2017.02.009 Sajjia, M., Albadarin, A.B., Walker, G., Statistical analysis of industrial-scale roller compactor ‘Freund TF-MINI model’ (2016) International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 513 (1-2), pp. 453-463. DOI:10.1016/j.ijpharm.2016.09.052