This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Professor Margaria is a full professor and Chair of Software Systems at the University of Limerick, Head of Department of Computer Science and Information Systems (CSIS), Principal Investigator in CONFIRM & Lero (the Irish Software Research Centre), with projects on advanced modelling techniques, model driven design for high assurance systems and security by construction.
Tiziana is a Principal Investigator in CONFIRM.
• PhD in Computer and Systems Engineering, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
• MSc in Electronic Engineering, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
• Chartered Engineer
• Board Member EF-ICST
• Vice-president EASST, (and past President, 2003-2009)
• Chair of FMICS, the ERCIM Working Group on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems
• Vice-Chair of the SIG on Technology and Processes of Care in Emergency Care of EUSEM
• Supervisory Board LIACS, Leiden Inst. of Advanced Computer Science (NL)
Advanced modelling techniques applied to production systems and their ecosystems, Model driven design for high assurance systems and security by construction, Cyber-physical Systems applications, Modeldriven Smart Manufacturing Environments, Knowledge management for model based software development, Service oriented design and engineering, Active automated learning applied to model extraction from running systems.
• Patent 11/536,132 issued (with NASA, Number NASA GSC 15,148)
• Patent US9141708 B2, issued Oct. 2015 on Efficient real-time Personalisation techniques
• METAFrame Technologies GmbH (CEO since 1997), specialises in design and development of information technology solutions for mastering large and complex applications, with a particular focus on the Internet and Computer-Telephony Integration (CTI) applications. Clients include European Patent Office, Siemens and Springer Verlag.
• miAamics GmbH (CEO 2001-2005), specialises in precise, efficient, and scalable personalisation technology.
• CeBIT 2003: Winner of the Future Market Award - Prize for Innovation and Technology
Tiziana has vast experience in the use of formal methods for high assurance systems, in particular concerning functional verification, reliability, and compliance of complex heterogeneous systems, through major industrial projects (where she won the European IT Award in 1996, and a start-up competition in 2001) and consulting, as well as through her activities as founder and CEO of startup companies, holding 2 USPTO patents, one of which with NASA.
1. B. Steffen, T Margaria, R. Nagel, S. Jörges, C. Kubczak (2007), Model-Driven Development with the jABC. Proc. HVC’07, Haifa Verification Conference, LNCS 4899, pp. 136-152, Springer Verlag [Citations: 201]
2. T Margaria*, B Steffen (2009) Agile IT: thinking in user-centric models. In ISoLA 2008, CCIS 17, Springer Verlag [Citations: 90]
3. T Margaria, B Steffen (2006) Service engineering: Linking business and IT, Computer 39 (10), 45-55, [Citations: 93] On Software Design and Development Methodology
4. T Margaria, B.Steffen (2012), Service-Orientation: Conquering Complexity with XMDD. In “Conquering Complexity”, Springer V., 217-236 [Citations: 51, 359 downloads]
5. T Margaria*, B. Steffen (2010) Simplicity as a Driver for Agile Innovation. Computer 43(6): 90-92, [Citations: 43] Relevant for Smart Advanced Manufacturing and Industry 4.0
6. S Jörges, C Kubczak, F Pageau, T Margaria* (2007), Model driven design of reliable robot control programs using the jABC, Proc IEEE Int. Worksh. on Engineering of Autonomic and Autonomous Systems, pp. 137-148 [Citations: 29]
7. B Steffen, T Margaria, A Claßen, V Braun (1997), Incremental formalization: a key to industrial success, Software, Concept and Tools, [Citations: 41]
8. T Margaria, H Raffelt, B Steffen (2005), Knowledge-based relevance filtering for efficient system-level test-based model generation, Innovations in Systems and Software Engineering 1 (2), 147-156, [Citations: 28]
9. S. Jörges, A.-L. Lamprecht, T Margaria, I. Schaefer, B. Steffen (2012) A constraint-based variability modeling framework. STTT 14(5): 511-530, [Citations: 23] [Top 4.2% cited papers in this journal since its publication in 2012]
10. AL Lamprecht, T Margaria* (2014) Scientific workflows and XMDD, in Process Design for Natural Scientists, CCIS 500, pp.1-13, Springer V. [Citations: 15; 217 downloads]
11. M. Bakera, T. Margaria*, C. Renner, B. Steffen: Game-Based Model Checking for Reliable Autonomy in Space. JACIC 8(4): 100-114 (2011) [Citations: 6]
12. T Margaria*, B. Steffen, C. Kubczak (2010) Evolution support in heterogeneous service-oriented landscapes. In J. Braz. Computer. Society. 16(1): 35-47, [Citations: 9]
13. T Margaria*, M Hinchey. Simplicity in IT: The power of less, (2013), Computer 46 (11), 23-25 [citations 8]
14. B Steffen, AL Lamprecht, T Margaria, User-level synthesis: Treating product lines as systems of constraints. (2015) ACM Int. Conf. Proceeding Series 20-24-NaN-2015, 427–431
15. T Margaria*, Knowledge management for inclusive system evolution. (2016) Transactions on Foundations of mastering Change vol 1 LNCS 9960, 7–21.
16. Varriale, A. et al. SEcubeTM: An open-source security platform in a single SoC. in DTIS’16, Proc. 11th IEEE Int. Conf. on Design and Technology of Integrated Systems in Nanoscale Era, (2016). doi:10.1109/DTIS.2016.7483810