This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Professor Barry O’Sullivan is an award-winning academic and holds the Chair of Constraint Programming in the School of Computer Science at University College Cork. He is the founding Director of the Insight Centre for Data Analytics at UCC, a Principal Investigator at the CONFIRM Centre for Smart Manufacturing, and is the Director of the SFI Centre for Research Training in Artificial Intelligence. He is an Adjunct Professor at Monash University, Australia. Professor O’Sullivan is vice chair of the European Commission High-Level Expert Group on AI. He is an advisor to the AI Alliance in The Netherlands (ALLAI) and to the Computational Sustainability Network, a network of 13 universities in the USA, led by Cornell University.
• PhD, Computer Science, University College Cork
• BTech, Production Management, University of Limerick
P• Royal Irish Academy (RIA)
• Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
• Association for Constraint Programming (ACP)
• Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
• European Artificial Intelligence Association (EurAI)
• Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and IEEE Computer Society
• Irish Computer Society (ICS)
• Artificial Intelligence (AI)
• Constraint Programming
• Operations Research
• Data analytics
• Machine Learning
• AI & Data Ethics
• Smart Manufacturing
Professor O’Sullivan has worked with dozens of companies through his research activities and also in a private consultancy capacity. He runs his own AI consulting firm, AI Machining. He has worked with dozens of startups, SMEs, and multi-nationals, at an international level. He has experience of working in the US, Canada, Europe, and in China
Professor O’ Sullivan is interested in all aspects of research, innovation and application related to his areas of expertise.