Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued. The post-doctoral researcher will study the emerging business models and ecosystems associated with data driven advanced manufacturing.
This role will lead efforts in the study of urban-based manufacturing, that is, flexible, responsive, data driven and service driven manufacturing ecosystems existing in urban settings. Such ecosystems are dependent on technical infrastructure and standards, and non-technical aspects, such as service skills, entrepreneurial supports and policy.
The Post-Doctoral Researcher fellow will work for CONFIRM in the Innovation Value Institute / School of Business, Maynooth University, in a team of postdoctoral researchers and PhD students under the supervision of Professor Brian Donnellan. The team’s research focuses on economy and innovation-related issues related to Internet of Things (IoT) in industrial (Industry 4.0) and city (Smart Cities) environments.
The team has studies underway in:
- Living labs business models
- Urban data portal business models
- Smart district co-creation
- Urban digital strategy development
- Smart City governance
- Smart city competitiveness
- Autonomous vehicle / technology adoption
The environment is highly supportive. While each researcher works with a specific industrial partner to an agreed set of research deliverables, synergies between the various strands of research are used for everyone’s benefit. Researchers also enjoy an environment where their own personal development is encouraged and supported.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD in any of the following, or related, disciplines (Business / Management, Engineering, Information, MIS or IT).
- Have strong writing, communications and analytical skills.
- Have experience in studying the integration of commercial and/or public organisations.
- An understanding of the operational requirements for a successful research project.
- A demonstrated commitment to research and publications.
- Significant experience of designing and conducting research projects with industry partners.
- Experience conducting systematic literature reviews.
- Experience in Project Management and supervising postgraduate research students.
- Knowledge in Modelling (i.e. Enterprise Architecture, Process Modelling).
- Knowledge of business model innovation.
- Familiarity with modelling software such as ArchiMate or equivalents.
- Experience in applying for funding (i.e. H2020 EU or national funding schemes).
Selection and Appointment
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend for interview.
- Appointments will be approved by the President based on the report of the selection board.
Equality and Diversity
Maynooth University values the enrichment that comes from a diverse community and seeks to promote equality, prevent discrimination and protect the human rights of each individual. To learn more about our commitment to Equality and Diversity, please read the Maynooth University Equality and Diversity Policy. Additionally, as an Athena SWAN Bronze Award Institute, we are committed to advancing gender equality across the University.
We aim to reflect the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all individuals.
Data Protection Law
Maynooth University will process any personal data provided by you in connection with an application for this role in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Acts 2018.
If your application is successful and you accept an offer of employment at Maynooth University, then your personal data will continue to be processed in accordance with Maynooth University’s Staff Data Privacy Notice.
Both the privacy notices and further information relating to data protection, including Maynooth University’s other data protection policies and processes, can be viewed at https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/data-protection
Post-Doctoral Researcher Level 1: €37,874 – €43,782 per annum (6 points)
Post-Doctoral Researcher Level 2: €45,041 – €49,048 per annum (4 points)
Appointment will be made in accordance with the Department of Finance pay guidelines.
*New entrants to the public sector will be appointed on the first point of the Postdoctoral Researcher pay scale.
23:30hrs (local Irish time) on Sunday, 24th May 2020.
Please note all applications must be made via our Online Recruitment Portal at the following link:
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified above. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Maynooth University is an equal opportunities employer
The position is subject to the Statutes of the University